Learn the ins and outs of The Post, what it means to Post, and all of the terminology in between
Johnny Post: The Post Sports Bar & Grill’s mascot. Johnny is the heart and soul of The Post. Johnny is always smiling because let’s face it, life is good!
Legend of the Post: A historical satire on how The Post Sports Bar & Grill concept came to be.
Paydirt: The Post’s prop bet game within the Fire Fan application. Each paydirt contest winner rolls the dice for a prize… (including draft beer for a year, cheesesteaks for a year, and even a trip to Vegas)
PostMobile: The name of our delivery vans. You can find our #PostMobile text campaign advertised on each van.
Post SB&G: Short for The Post Sports Bar & Grill. Text message campaigns are prefaced by this acronym.
- Posted (adj): A state of tranquility resulting from leisurely activities and good company. Ex: I’ll watch the next round of games here too because I’m too Posted to leave.
- Posting (verb): Maximizing personal repose while minimizing the exertion of energy. Ex: I’ll be posting up for the game tonight.
- Post (noun): The common utopia sought by all sports fanatics. Ex: Wings, High Fives, and a Monday night game… the perfect post.
Rewards Races: Part of our loyalty program. A spending competition amongst individuals or like groups of individuals. Contest details (duration, prizes, and number of winners) can always be found on our website. Guests are required to have an MVP account in order to participate. The following rewards races are offered:
- Industry Race: This is a spending competition between restaurant employees who frequent The Post.
- MVL Race: The Most Valuable League Race is a spending competition between fantasy sports leagues.
- MVP Race: The Most Valuable Poster Race is a spending competition amongst individual guests.
- MVT Race: The Most Valuable Team Race is a spending competition amongst recreational sports teams.
Rookie: A new hire in training. Rookies must wear Rookie attire until they have successfully completed all elements (including tests) of their department’s Training Camp.
The Post: Common nickname used for The Post Sports Bar & Grill.
theDraftNight: Our fantasy draft board software.
Training Camp: Structured training period for each department (Waitress, Bar, Kitchen). Training Camp includes: orientation, training, and test taking. Each department’s Training Camp is unique to that department
Training Captain: Staff Member(s) officially in charge of training for a department (Bar, Waitress, Kitchen) are given the Training Captain Title. Training Captains are typically at the highest pay grade within the department. Training Captains must wear Training Captain attire when training.
World’s First Fantasy Sports Bar & Grill: The Post Sports Bar & Grill is officially the very first sports bar to integrate fantasy sports into it’s concept. NBC Washington
Post Trivia Night: Live trivia on Wednesday nights. Free to play. Winning team each round wins a free bucket of beer. Winning team on the night wins a $50 gift card
Post Trivia Season: A series of 10 trivia weeks. Teams attaining a perfect attendance record are awarded a free Pizza & Pitcher party at season’s end. The championship team at each location is awarded a $$$ gift card. Championship team earns the right to play in all future Post annual Trivia Cup Championships.
Slogans: Our trademarked slogans include
- Stay Posted.
- You’re welcome.
- Get your Post on!
- All you can eat sports.
- Stop Hosting. Start Posting.
- Your neighborhood fan cave.
- World’s First Fantasy Sports Bar.
- Where your online search for sports bars starts and ends.
- Guests: Customers of The Post are referred to as guests.
- Users: Anyone engaging with The Post Sports Bar & Grill website
- Brand Partners: Post Franchisees
- Strategic Partners: Key vendors to The Post Sports Bar & Grill offering value added services above and beyond what would normally be offered to a client
- Team Members: Employees as a whole are referred to as team members
- Staff: Employee class comprising of servers, bartenders, cooks, and utility personnel
- Managers: Decision makers at the store level responsible for store performance
Team Member Positions:
- Restaurant Shift Supervisor (RSS)
- Bar Training Captain (BTC)
- Server Training Captain (STC)
- Kitchen Shift Supervisor (KSS)
- Kitchen Training Captain (KTC)
- Prep Cook
- General Manager (GM)
- Assistant General Manager (AGM)
- Kitchen Manager (KM)
- Assistant Kitchen Manager (AKM)